What is Conscious Leadership?
Conscious leadership is many things to many people. For some it is bringing their best to the moment in ways that others might emulate and follow. For others, it means caring and concern for all, especially those who follow their lead. For still more, it means leading with one eye turned outward, fully aware of their impact on the world they touch.
Conscious leaders reflect the perspectives, principles and practices needed to build a better world. And in the process, get others not only to follow, but also to do their part while practicing the very highest of moral, ethical and social behavior along the way.
Everyone has the potential to be a conscious leader. It starts with opening your heart and mind. We'll help you with the rest.
Need More Reasons?
Why Conscious Leadership, and what's in it for you?
- Our world is a mess, and business is blamed for much of it. Pollution. Environmental destruction. Not caring. Taking advantage. Corruption. Rigging the system.
- There is a disconnect between personal values, character and the demands of business and the system under which it operates.
- That many believe their business requires them to act out of character, and take actions that are not aligned with their values and vision for their lives, their companies, and the world they touch.
- Expediency for the needs of the moment too often outweigh doing the right thing.
- People want to be part of the solution and not perpetuate the problems that they see infecting our society.
Here are some more
- Character, integrity, honesty and many other attributes matter, but too often seem to be left behind once people get on the job and feel the pressure to perform, whatever the cost.
- Passion for work? Going through the motions is more like it.
- Comments like, "It's just a job," are far too prevalent in the workforce.
- Change is a constant. Either prepare for and deal with it, or watch it pass you by.
- You want to keep up with new trends in the marketplace.
More reasons to be a conscious leader
- Too many people hate their jobs. They're just going through the motions. No joy. No passion. No peace. The result is wasted talent, reduced productivity, burn out, depression and more.
- Millenials want more than just a job. Millenial job-seekers have identified their priorities as to what they're looking for and reasons for leaving current jobs: 1) the opportunity for advancement; 2) personal growth; 3) making a difference (supporting causes, having purpose, doing good, etc.); and 4) money.
- It's hard to get good people, and even harder to keep them.
- The cost of hiring and training a new employee is 2.5 times the cost of keeping one.
- Companies with enthusiastic employees are generally >2x more profitable than companies with unenthusiastic or disgruntled employees.
Don't forget these!
- It allows you to make a positive mark upon the world and people whose lives you touch.
- Conscious business is contagious.
- Customers, investors and employees alike are looking for conscious choices that better reflect their own personal views and desires.
- You care, and want to work with others who care as well.
- It simply FEELS GOOD to DO GOOD, as well as to know you're at the leading edge of a growing movement to bring more consciousness, caring and connection to work where you spend the bulk of your time and effort.
Why conscious leadership may NOT be for you
- Things are working just fine as is.
- Why bother becoming more than I am now? My boss doesn't care.
- Money is the only reason you're doing what you're doing, and you don't care about anyone or anything but yourself.
- Right now you are the best you will ever need to be.
- You don't see any need to prepare to become more than you are or to advance your leadership skills and ability.
- It's not your problem, so why bother trying to fix it?
- You just want to do your job and go home; you don't care about the company, how it's doing, or it's impact on employees, customers or the world around it.
- It just doesn't feel right for you.